This idea came to me recently, but I’m not sure if it’s even worth bothering, so I’m looking for some feedback.
Here’s the basic premise: For your event, we will provide 2.5 liter pump pots (about 12 good-sized cups) of whatever kind of coffee you would like. Might be one, might be multiples. For talking purposes, figure the cost would be about $10 per pump pot; obviously a little more for things like Kona.
Here’s the advantages for you:
- You don’t have to worry about making great coffee – we will brew it for you to SCAA Gold Cup standards.
- You can have variety, without buying several types of beans
- We will serve the best decaf you have ever tasted
- No coffee cleanup – pickup (or have us deliver) full pots, return them when you are done, we’ll worry about the cleaning.
- Economical – if you have several coffees, having us brew a pot of each will be less expensive than buying several kinds of beans.
I’m also toying with the idea of espresso catering, where I could bring a professional espresso machine to your home (one that’s been modified to run on standard house wiring, and does not require a plumbing connection). It could come with or without a barista. Without barista would be a standard fee (let’s say $50), with barista would be maybe $150 for a several hour event. At that rate I probably wouldn’t bother with per-drink charges.
Of course I could add teas to any of the options above.
Please let me know what you think of this idea. Stupid? Brilliant? What price point makes it appealing? Please leave some comments.